Re: [hylafax-users] Question on modem groups

This is the part that confuses me; Can I set up two host groups, say A,
and B, where

        ModemGroup: "A: ttyM1[a,b,c]"
        ModemGroup: "A: ttyM1[d,e,f]"

And then send out using one of those modem groups using something like a
        sendfax -h A -d 1.222.333.1234 /some/file.tiff

or are the modem groups just for use with reserving modems for receiving
only??

I'm also guessing that other references to ModemClass have been
depreciated in favor of ModemGroup, correct?

On Thu, 2003-09-18 at 01:29, Matthias Reich wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 18. September 2003 00:11 schrieb Nicholas Bernstein:
> > Could someone point me to some documentation on the ModemGroup setting
> > in the /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config file? I am interested in having two
> > groups of modems, one of which performs slightly differently from the
> > other group, and I'm guessing that this is what I need to look at in
> > order to get that done.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Nick
>
> hylafax-config says:
>
> ModemGroup
> Define a logical name for a set of modem devices. This parameter can be used
> to define a name that clients can use to refer to a collection of modems. The
> <regex> is a regular expression that faxq(8C) matches against known modems.
> Thus for example, the default modem to use for a job, any, is defined as
> ``any:.*''. This parameter may be specified multiple times to define multiple
> modem classes. Modem classes may overlap. The actual set of modems in a modem
> class that are considered for use may vary based on which modems are believed
> to be ready for use.
>
> e.g.:
>
> If you want one of three modems for inbound use only
> add a line
>
> ModemGroup: "any: ttyS[1,2]"
>
> in your config-file
>
> and ttyS3 will never be used for sending except when you use
> -h in sendfax
>
> HIH
>
> -m
| Nicholas Bernstein            | nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx             |
| UNIX Systems Administrator    | http://www.docmagic.com       |
| Document Systems Inc.         |  				|
| gpg: F706 8C4E 78FA DDDD 53A0 019F D983 FE28 2002 D1F3	|