Re: [hylafax-users] Question on modem groups

> > If you want one of three modems for inbound use only
> > add a line
> >
> > ModemGroup: "any: ttyS[1,2]"
> >
> > in your config-file
> >
> > and ttyS3 will never be used for sending except when you use
> > -h in sendfax
>
> And it's quite powerfull too.
>
> ModemGroup: "any: ttyS2"
> ModemGroup: "ttyS1: ttyS2"
> ModemGroup: "special: ttyds[13]"
>
> Will mean that no user will every be able to send directly via ttyS1.
> They can only get at it through the "special" group, and that has both
> modems in it.

Ok, lets change this so we have a slightly different setup:

ModemGroup: "any: ttyS[1,2,3,4,5]"
ModemGroup: "ttyS1: ttyS2"
ModemGroup: "special: ttyS[4,5]"

Given that, if I do 'sendfax -h ttyS1 ...', is that going to print using
the modem ttyS1, or ttyS2, since it's in the group ttyS1?

If I want to send a fax using any modem in the special group, is the
correct syntax just the -h option on sendfax?

TIA,
Nick

--
nick bernstein