Re: [hylafax-users] problem with AT+FTS

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 16:49:42 +0200, Gianluca Montecchi
<g.montecchi@louise.it> wrote:

>The problem came when i try to send a fax. I get the "Stop and wait failure"
>error. The workaround I found (add the Class1SendEOPWaitCmd etc. options) did not
>resolv the problem.
>The modem is a "Hamlet H56XCT Data/Fax/Voice Modem".
>Any hints ?
>The output of the probemodem program is attached.
>ATI0	RESULT = "OK"	RESPONSE = "Hamlet H56XCT Data/Fax/Voice Modem"
>ATI1	RESULT = "OK"	RESPONSE = "External Controller Ver1.20, CheckSum=B7E8"
>ATI2	RESULT = "OK"	RESPONSE = "TEST OK!"
>ATI3	RESULT = "OK"	RESPONSE = "Hamlet H56XCT Data/Fax/Voice Modem"
>ATI4	RESULT = "OK"	RESPONSE = "DSP Ver1.10 CheckSum=DC84"
>ATI7	RESULT = "OK"	RESPONSE = "Controller Ver1.20 Date:Oct 04 16:08"

This looks like a topic chipset, with ati3 customized by oem; usually they
leave it as is (this is the first time I see a topic with ati3 customized)
and HylaFAX will select appropriate config, ie this a Atlantis Land
WebRunner:
===
ati3 TP560 Data/Fax/Voice 56K Modem
ati1 External Controller Ver1.20, CheckSum=2FF2
ati4 DSP Ver1.10 CheckSum=7A64
ati7 Controller Ver1.20 Date:Feb 17 18:35
===
HylaFAX looks for that particular ati3 to identify a topic.

You need to add to your config.<devid> the following:
Class1EOPWaitCmd:    "<delay:9>"    # command to stop and wait before EOP
Class1PPMWaitCmd:    "<delay:7>"     # command to stop and wait before PPM
Class1TCFWaitCmd:    "<delay:7>"     # command to stop and wait before TCF
Class1SwitchingCmd:  "<delay:7>"     # command to ensure silence after HDLC

For other readers: note that Hamlet sells various kind of modems, if you
need one for HylaFAX and can choose, buy the HV92KX model which has a
Rockwell/Conexant chipset that seems to be much better for fax (I use it in
class1); sometime ago I did a search (previous rockwell model we used was
out of production) for a cheap serial modem asking specifically for one with
a conexant chipset, HV92KX was one of the few remaining... all the others
were becoming "topic inside" very quickly.

--
giulioo@pobox.com