[hylafax-users] Default Config - not receiving faxes: Poor Line Condition

I have just installed hylafax to be used to receive faxes and am using the config below:
USR V.everything  /  Solaris 8  / Hylafax 4.1.6

I set up the modem as a class 2.0 modem and accepted the default settings.  It answers the call, but then aborts.  The fax machine I am testing it on (a Brother) complains about poor line condition.  Also, I dont seem to be able to get debug messages in my syslog dump - I set it up as per the instructions on the hylafax documentation but I just seem to be getting info type messages ..(?).

Any one else out there get this configuration going ?

thanks

:^)

A l  R a n k i n
S y s t e m   A d m i n

AGFA PACS
AGFA Web1000
Cerner QuadRIS

Dept. of Diagnostic Imaging
ph. 902 473 4000
pg. 902 458 6841
al.rankin@cdha.nshealth.ca
This email message may contain confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system. Email transmissions cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept any liability for errors or omissions in the contents of this message that arise as a result of email transmissions. If verification is required please request a hard copy version.