Re: [hylafax-users] problem with cypheus+firewall

Marco,
	Your problem is that the firewall is not setup to handle FTP
over ports other than the standard ones (20/21).  Because of the way FTP
works (both PASV and normal) firewall systems like Netfilter (which
Shorewall is based on) need to be told that there is FTP-style traffic
on non-standard ports.

	Netfilter has an excellent support community with lists hosted
at http://lists.netfilter.org.

	There, I found this post that seems to answer your question:
http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter/2002-February/030535.html

	Basically, it seems that all you need to do is setup the ftp
modules to support both sets of ports.

Hope this helps

Binko