Re: [hylafax-users] FW: [newbie] Remotely answer incoming fax?

What it sounds like is either 1) the fax machine listens to DTMF and is
programmed to wait for *51 before answering, OR 2) the telco listens
for *51 and keeps ringing the line even after the receiver hangs up.

The poster seems to be indicating #1.  If it is the case, then the
answer is no.  BUT, if you wanted to program faxgetty to sit in voice
mode, listening for *51, and then to switch into fax mode and answer
the call, it could be done.

Frankly, distinctive ring would be a much better solution for this kind
of single-line fax and voice usage.

Lee.