[hylafax-users] FW: [newbie] Remotely answer incoming fax?

Can we do this? From Mandrake newbie's list.

-----Original Message-----
From: Warren Post [mailto:wpost@myrealbox.com]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2003 12:11 AM
To: Newbie list
Subject: [newbie] Remotely answer incoming fax?

I am looking for fax software that will let me remotely receive an
incoming fax. By which I mean:

In my restaurant I have one phone line, which is used for both voice and
fax. The phone is answered in the kitchen, and the fax machine was in
the office. When an incoming fax came in, the person answering the phone
only had to enter a remote answer code (*51) on the phone's keypad to
signal the fax machine to receive the incoming fax.

Now my fax machine has died and I'd like to do the same thing with my
computer's fax modem. So far I can't find any reference to any such
feature in Efax or HylaFAX (I'm assuming such a feature would have to be
implemented on the backend). Any leads, anyone?
--
Warren Post
Santa Rosa de Copán, Honduras

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+- Business Computer Projects - Disclaimer -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

This message, and any associated attachment is confidential. If you have
received it in error, please delete it from your system, do not use or
disclose the information in any way, and notify either Tony S. Sykes
or the postmaster <mailto:Steven.Roberts@BCPSoftware.com>  immediately.

necessarily the views of Business Computer Projects Ltd., unless
specifically stated.

Whilst every effort has been made to ensure that emails and their
attachments are virus free, it is the responsibility of the recipient(s)
to verify the integrity of such emails.

Business Computer Projects Ltd
BCP House
151 Charles Street