[hylafax-users] New Firmware for Multitech ZPX Available

I know this is slightly off-topic, but given the recent discussion about the
V.34 and MMR bugs in the MultiTech ZPX firmware, I thought it was appropriate
to post that....

Multitech now has a new firmware for the ZPX available (version 1.32c).
It can be found here:

http://multitech.com/SUPPORT/MultiModemZPX/firmware.asp

It's download is a self-extracting EXE (zip) file, but UnZip 5.50 (standard on
Mandrake 9.1) had no problem unzipping it.

I have successfully patched one of mine (for testing) using the open-source
mtflashwiz available at:

http://mtflashwiz.sourceforge.net/

Some comments on this:
1) I couldn't get the tarball of mtflashwiz to compile, but the latest CVS
version  worked like a charm.  (If you have trouble getting/using that, let
me know and I'll send you a tarball)
2) For the PCI Model, it does not auto-detect the modem: you must pass it the
model type on the command line (-m MT5634ZPX-PCI)
3) Stop faxgetty (remove it from inittab temporarily)  while you do this
(really stupid and painful mistake)
4) Reboot your machine after completion (it doesn't seem to reset well after
flashing)

Finally, I am annoyed that Multitech didn't put in a release notes or a Bug
List to show exactly what is fixed with this firmware update.  I even called
them and simply couldn't get an answer.  However, I am going to re-enable
V.34 and MMR on my two servers and see if they can at least talk to each
other.  If others have V.34 and/or MMR systems they'd be willing to send some
tests with, I'd appreciate it.

Bill