Re: [hylafax-users] New Firmware for Multitech ZPX Available

On Wed, 21 May 2003 04:31:01 -0400
Bill Binko <bill-sender-4b2fd6@binko.net> wrote:

> I know this is slightly off-topic, but given the recent discussion about the
> V.34 and MMR bugs in the MultiTech ZPX firmware, I thought it was appropriate
> to post that....
>
> Multitech now has a new firmware for the ZPX available (version 1.32c).
> It can be found here:
>
> http://multitech.com/SUPPORT/MultiModemZPX/firmware.asp

Thanks for the information.  From what their support department told me,
I didn't think any upgrades would be forthcoming.

Anyway, the new 1.32c firmware fixes the 2D-MMR reception problem.  After
flashing the new code I was able to receive a 2D-MMR compressed fax without
corruption.  This is great news because now the innovative features of
HylaFAX can be utilized to the fullest.

Also, I checked the firmware for RTFCC capabilities:

at+ffc=?
(00-03),(00-02),(00-03),(00-02)

Does this non-zero response indicate that RTFCC is available as stated
in the HylaFAX cvs man pages?

I'll check this out later by sending some faxes.

Frank Peters