Re: [hylafax-users] Damn! Hylafax, Multitech, and distinctive ring

--- Darren Nickerson <darren.nickerson@ifax.com>
wrote:
> [...]
> * add Samsung NSF code recognition (04 May 2003)
> * fix port/install.sh from using incorrect path (28
> Apr 2003)
> * fix wedged script from flooding FaxMaster (28 Apr
> 2003)
> * fix build for gcc-3.2, RedHat 9, and UnixWare (26
> Apr 2003)
> * various enhancements to faxsetup (22 Apr 2003)
> * make default faxcover template easier to customize
> (19, 22 Apr 2003)
> * add a pause to allow Nokia 6210 compatibility (18
> Apr 2003)
> * fix the broken Class 1 +FTM response range parser
> (18 Apr 2003)
> * fix some AIX 4.3.3 build problems (15,16 Apr 2003)
> * fix 'make distclean' to remove shared libraries
> (13 Apr 2003)
> * include pointer to libtiff.org in configure error
> (13 Apr 2003)
> * allow for OPTIMIZER to be set in build config (13
> Apr 2003)
> * cause make to stop all on error (13 Apr 2003)
> * improve font detection in faxsetup (13 Apr 2003)
> * reject garbage in Class 1 HDLC frame reception (01
> Apr 2003)
> * fix JobReqProto when a transmission fails for
> reformatting (01 Apr 2003)
> * accept libtiff v3.6 in configure (25 Mar 2003)
> * remove Class1MsgRecvHackCmd from config/lucent
> default (25 Mar 2003)
> * change RingExtended to not interfere with
> distinctive ring (25 Mar 2003)
> * fix an infinite loop in hfaxd (24 Mar 2003)
> * fix faxq QUIT handling when dealing with an active
> queue (08 Feb 2003)
> * fix PDF page counting error which caused segfaults
> (08 Feb 2003)
> * add NOTIFY_FAXMASTER parameter for FaxDispatch (08
> Feb 2003)
> * fix Str.h assert problem due to hostname parsing
> (08 Feb 2003)
> * fix an assertion error in faxq (08 Feb 2003)
> * add 2D-MMR support for Class 2 modems that support
> it (08 Feb 2003)
> * add ModemRingResponse, CIDNumberAnswerLength, and
>   CIDNameAnswerLength (08 Feb 2003)
> * fix bad shell code in bin/archive (08 Feb 2003)
> * fix textfmt behavior when dealing with certain
> situations (08 Feb 2003)
> * add ENCODING parameter for FaxDispatch (08 Feb
> 2003)
> * fix default TIFF resolution to be inches, per
> spec, (08 Feb 2003)
> * add RingTimeout config option (08 Feb 2003)
> * clean faxstat output when %Y is used (08 Feb 2003)
> * add subaddressing specification capability to
> sendfax (08 Feb 2003)
> * fix numerous compile warnings (08 Feb; 18, 28 Apr
> 2003)
> * cleanup error reporting for several client
> programs (08 Feb 2003)
> * fix overwriting faxcover.ps when reinstalling (23
> Jan 2003)
> * add prototype support for MT2834ZDXb (14 Jan 2003)
> * fix "friend name injection" for OpenUNIX 8 (30 Oct

The crowd say oh! Amaizing I must say ;-).

> Witness, as a somewhat
> curious example, powerful
> support for faxing (a built-in fax server) in
> Windows 2003.

I didn't know this. For a company that claim they
inovate and are in the edge all the time, supporting
"old" tecnologies is very surprising ;-).

> Anyway I digress. Just to say that among the
> open-source projects I have
> known, HylaFAX is one of the ones with the most
> long-term contributing
> developers, ...

True.

> people who continue to pitch in just
> for the heck of it. It
> also has an enviable track record of releasing
> high-quality, stable software
> that keeps up with new technology without getting
> that "bleeding edge"
> feeling.

Witness here. I never had a problem using hylafax the
last 2 years.