Re: [hylafax-users] Automatic fax printing....!?!

Hi,

Many thanks for your help.

> As there are minimum 5 parameters passed to faxrcvd you can change it or
> leave it as is, it will work in both cases.

Yes it is!

> >>Your faxrcvd-script just demands 5 parameters!
> >>You have a version conflict.
> >>

> > I'm not sure where lies the version conflict or between what?  I've
> > installed hylafax 4.1 and capi4hylafax for SuSe 7.3. Faxes are send
> > using the command sendfax.
> >

> The conflict is that the number of parameters, that faxrcvd expects, has
> been changed from 5 to 7. Since you use an older version of hylafax,
> where only 5 parameters were passed to the script, but a newer version
> of C4H (i assume), that already uses 7, the old faxrcvd script doesn't
> get the correct variables as expected. The MSN has in earlier versions
> been $5 and is now $7. New $5 and $6 are CIDNumber and CIDName.
>
> This is, i think, documented in the C4H installation instructions.

I understand. I'll look intot he documentation.

Now I can send the incoming faxes to the printer with the above command.
The reason was very simple ;-)

> >>use $7 here.
> >

> > Ok I'll do that. Isn't  this to assign the username to $SENDTO ?
>
> Yes. This hint was according to the fact that you don't get email. A
> mail to FaxMaster should be sent anyway.
> The FaxDispatch should be located in bin-directory on SuSE distribution.
> HylaFax standard is etc-directory.

I also get a email from the Hylafax agent

> Do you have a ";;" at the end of the statement?

Yes I do. I 've removed this statement from FaxDispatch at all, because
I'm using it in faxrecvd. The only problem i face now is the shared
printer is installed as a RAW printer in the server (drivers at cleint
side). So there is a problem printing to this shared printer. However I
can print to the local printer connected to the server.

> > Yes. I can do this to print the fax file manually to the printer. Does
> > the above statement to change $5 to $7 affect this?
>
> No.
> Is it printing if you call the faxrcvd manually with the parameters in
> the log? Can you print manually as user "fax"?

This was the point. I couldn't manually use this at the command prompt.
Probably the faxrecvd wasn't executable. After chmod +x faxrcvd it
worked. But then the parameter wasn't the actual problem right? anyway I
changed $5 to $7 in both facrcvd and FaxDispatch.

Thanks again

- Shafeer.