Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax/Suse8.1/Cannot reach Server at host 'localhost', Port 4556

On Thursday 08 May 2003 20:28, Rainer Arnst wrote:

> I managed to manually start hylafax via '/etc/init.d/hylafax start'.

OK.

> Also, I tried 'insserv /etc/init.d/hylafax', which returned no message at
> all, but did not work. Hylafax was not active after a reboot.

It will only return a message, if something goes wrong.

> When I first checked the hylafax-script was not in '/etc/init.d' but all
> alone in '/etc/init.d/init.d'. I moved it to '/etc/init.d'. Is that common
> or did something go wrong with the installation?

Did you use the SuSE RPMs or did you compile HylaFAX yourself? The SuSE RPMs
will NOT put the init script in /etc/init.d/init.d. You can see for yourself,
by querying RPM:

	# rpm -ql hylafax | grep /etc/init.d
	/etc/init.d/hylafax

You either compiled HylaFAX yourself or you moved the script to a wrong
location. In either case, insserv would have complained about not being able
to locate the hylafax script when you tried to run it, so what you're writing
does not make any sense to me.