Re: [hylafax-users] HylaFax/Suse8.1/Cannot reach Server at host 'localhost', Port 4556

> On Thursday 08 May 2003 20:28, Rainer Arnst wrote:
> Did you use the SuSE RPMs or did you compile HylaFAX yourself? The SuSE
> RPMs
> will NOT put the init script in /etc/init.d/init.d. You can see for
> yourself,
> by querying RPM:
>
> 	# rpm -ql hylafax | grep /etc/init.d
> 	/etc/init.d/hylafax

Thanks, I will check that tomorrow, perhaps I used an improper rpm file.

> You either compiled HylaFAX yourself or you moved the script to a wrong
> location. In either case, insserv would have complained about not being
> able
> to locate the hylafax script when you tried to run it, so what you're
> writing
> does not make any sense to me.

Before executing insserv, I moved the script to /etc/init.d (as I stated
only very briefly in my last message) and also removed the directory
/etc/init.d/init.d.

Thanks a lot & have a nice day.

Regards,
Rainer Arnst