Re: [hylafax-users] Help finding multi-modem capable USB modems (willwrite HOWTO)

--- Bill Binko <bill@binko.net> wrote:
> Pedro,
> Thanks for the update.  I have taken a quick look
> around and can't find any
> (US) retailers that carry Zaapa modems. :-(  Do you
> know of any?

Well, do you live in Europe? :-)
Anyway, I think I saw a message in the website about
buying online, check about that.

> I am also just about to send a note to the list
> regarding V.92 USB modems and
> the apparent complete lack of support for them by
> Linux.  I'll let you know
> where we end up.

Well, you consider that most of the fax machines out
there, even saying they have support for Class2 and
2.0, usually they work at Class1. Faxing is not what I
would call a state of the art technology, you only
want send some pages that's all. But if you needed
some quality Class2 and 2.0 are the goal (hope this is
not a totally dumb assumption ;-) ). Having v.92
support or not for now it's not important, I think.
For me, hylafax is in the good way, first robustness
in the backend, eye-candy later. Cheers.

P.S.: This is for the developers; We can't forget the
problems that arise with the new technologies, like
sharing a line with an xDSL modem. This kind of
situation is becoming more and more familiar and seems
that interfers in how hylafax (and any fax software?) work.