Re: [hylafax-users] Windows Faxing and Accounting Questions

> Our office is a consulting company and fax is billed to the respective
> client.  So if this were to work each fax sent would need to have to
> log a client code (four digit).  Ideally It would be a normal windows
> printer share via our existing samba server.

It's not clear here exactly how you are billing (per minute, per fax, per
byte).  If it were per fax or byte you could modify the smbfax scripts to
add a text field to enter the client code and then maintain a log on the
fax count or byte count by client code.  If you wanted to do per minute or
per page billing, I imagine that you could correlate the client code entered
with the jobid of the fax submitted and then with the log entry for the
jobid where you could obtain page count or transmission time.

I think all of the information is available to you, but you are going to
need to do a little scripting to actually correlate everything.