Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax sometimes hangs when receiving a fax.

Steve Arnold wrote:
>>After upgrading to RedHat 8.0 (kernel 2.4.18-14) and installing
>>hylafax-4.1.5-1rh8.i386.rpm (same hardware, same modem, same
>>configuration procedure), Hylafax hangs about once per day and only
>>continues working after being restarted.
> I don't have anything specific to your problem (sorry) but I do have
> some observations on other RedHat 8/7 problems:
 > [..]
Thanks a lot.

I decided in a first step to re-install hylafax-4.1beta2-2rh7.i386.rpm
(this is the version that provided us with years of undisturbed fax
services). The installation was fast and straight forward and since it
uses the home directory /var/spool/fax instead of /var/spool/hylafax the
modified files of the original installation are preserved. I installed
it about three hours ago. I have now to wait until it hangs again or
works continuously at least 72 hours (normally it would hang withing 24
hours). If it hangs again, I will rebuild it. I thought the "rh8" in
hylafax-4.1.5-1rh8.i386.rpm means that it was built under RH8.

Carsten.