Re: [hylafax-users] font metrics

On 18 Mar 2003 15:53:53 +0100, Tom Schouteden <tom.schouteden@linugen.com>
wrote:

>> If you just want to fax test files, you can edit the file named typerules,
>> comment the entres with textfmt and substitute them with invocations for
>> enscript or other text-to-ps formatting utility.
>
>hmmm, this is a bit too far fetched for me.  i want a reliable fax
>system without having to do a lot of hacking myself.  i will see what
>happens on another machine.  maybe it'll work there, otherwise i'll have

This should be quite simple.

Edit typerules, comment out last 3 entries (referring to textfmt) and put as
last lines  (these are 3 lines, put all on each line or use \ to break
lines):

>15     string   ascii    ps   enscript -B -f Courier-Bold@11 --margins=20 --media=%s -p %o <%i

0   ascii       x       ps   enscript -B -f Courier-Bold@11 --margins=20
--media=%s -p %o <%i

0   byte        x       ps enscript -B -f Courier-Bold@11 --margins=20
--media=%s -p %o <%i

try A4 in place of %s if you have problems.
you need enscript installed

--
giulioo@pobox.com