Re: [hylafax-users] Seeking GNOME Client

On Wednesday 12 March 2003 10:23 am, George Farris wrote:
> I have a new version of Gfax for GNOME 2 almost to the alfa stage if
> anyone is interested in testing it let me know and I can give them
> instructions.  Gfax 0.5 still works well but requires python 1.5 and
> GNOME 1.4 which isn't included on Redhat 8.0.

I haven't been able to get Gfax 0.5 to completely work on Mandrake 8.1 or
Mandrake 9.0.  Both have Python 2.1 or higher, and MDK 9.0 has Gnome 2.0.1.
The GTK libraries on MDK 8.1 are version 1.2.

I don't know what the differences are between any of the rev levels of these
libraries.

I'd be happy to test your latest edition if you make it available.  Just tell
me what minimum rev levels for which libraries to use.  I guess, but wouldn't
bet, that the Python and GTK rev levels are more important than Gnome's.

Thanks!