Re: [hylafax-users] Missing TSI on receiver's side and fax-number in faxstat

Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2003 14:20 schrieben Sie:
> * Nico Decker <ndecker-hylafax@dezidata.de> [030121 07:46]:
> > >
> > > You're wrong. Read man hylafax-config.
> >
> > I read it very often, believe me! ;-)
> > The man page uses the term "transmitted pages", that's not correct,
> > as far as I know. It should be "received pages". The Identifier-strings
> > (FAXNumber AND LocalIdentifier) are transferred plain text in the
> > fax-protocol, not graphical; they are not part of the tiff-file! In
> > class1- mode these id-strings are transmitted after the first connect, in
> > class2- mode there exists a special AT-command (+FLID) ...
> > The receiver gets the fax (picture) and puts the TagLineFormat on top,
> > replacing all variables (pagenumber, sender, etc.).
>
> As someone who writes the code, I must respectuflly disagree.
>
> hylafax-config man page is correct.  The TagLine is *part* of the image
> transmitted.  For every page we transmit, we rasterise the tagline,
> filling in the necessary information, like current session page number,
> and current job page number, based on the configured TagLineFormat and
> TagLineFont, merging it with the other image data, before sending it.
>
> FAXNumber is never transmitted on it's own.  LocalIdentifier is part of
> the T.30 transmittion, sent along with the DCS.

Ok. ;-)
Then I don't understand the sniffing protocols; but this for another day ...

> As to why you're tagline isn't showing up on the receiver's end, I can
> only suggest 2 things to check:
>
> 1) Is it being sent, but because of printer capabliitites, the outside 3
>    or 4 mm are not printable, and therfore it's in the image, just not
>    printed.
> 2) If the TagLineFont is invalid (not readable, not good, etc) taline
>    won't be imaged, and therfore not sent.

TagLineFont was not set. You were right. If it is so important, why
it isn't automatically set by faxaddmodem?!
Anyway; where can I define the distance between page top and
tagline? taglines head is cut off in the tiff-picture ...

And thank you VERY much for your help!

nd.