Re: [hylafax-users] Missing TSI on receiver's side and fax-number in faxstat

* Nico Decker <ndecker-hylafax@dezidata.de> [030121 07:46]:

> > > The TagLineFormat is only for RECEIVING fax; it will
> > > be printed
> > > on top of every incoming fax.
> >
> > You're wrong. Read man hylafax-config.
> >

> I read it very often, believe me! ;-)
> The man page uses the term "transmitted pages", that's not correct,
> as far as I know. It should be "received pages". The Identifier-strings
> (FAXNumber AND LocalIdentifier) are transferred plain text in the
> fax-protocol, not graphical; they are not part of the tiff-file! In class1-
> mode these id-strings are transmitted after the first connect, in class2-
> mode there exists a special AT-command (+FLID) ...
> The receiver gets the fax (picture) and puts the TagLineFormat on top,
> replacing all variables (pagenumber, sender, etc.).

As someone who writes the code, I must respectuflly disagree.

hylafax-config man page is correct.  The TagLine is *part* of the image
transmitted.  For every page we transmit, we rasterise the tagline,
filling in the necessary information, like current session page number,
and current job page number, based on the configured TagLineFormat and
TagLineFont, merging it with the other image data, before sending it.

FAXNumber is never transmitted on it's own.  LocalIdentifier is part of
the T.30 transmittion, sent along with the DCS.

As to why you're tagline isn't showing up on the receiver's end, I can
only suggest 2 things to check:

1) Is it being sent, but because of printer capabliitites, the outside 3
   or 4 mm are not printable, and therfore it's in the image, just not
   printed.
2) If the TagLineFont is invalid (not readable, not good, etc) taline
   won't be imaged, and therfore not sent.

a.
aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,

PGP signature