Re: [hylafax-users] Missing TSI on receiver's side and fax-number in faxstat

--- Nico Decker <ndecker-hylafax@dezidata.de> wrote:

> > > The TagLineFormat is only for RECEIVING fax; it
> will
> > > be printed
> > > on top of every incoming fax.
> >
> > You're wrong. Read man hylafax-config.
> >

> I read it very often, believe me! ;-)

I no doubt that you do it, same here. That man page
has alot of good answers :-).

> The man page uses the term "transmitted pages",
> that's not correct,
> as far as I know. It should be "received pages". The
> Identifier-strings
> (FAXNumber AND LocalIdentifier) are transferred
> plain text in the
> fax-protocol, not graphical; they are not part of
> the tiff-file! In class1-
> mode these id-strings are transmitted after the
> first connect, in class2-
> mode there exists a special AT-command (+FLID) ...
> The receiver gets the fax (picture) and puts the
> TagLineFormat on top,
> replacing all variables (pagenumber, sender, etc.).

Just one question for an answer: why the hell I would
wanted my information printed in every fax I received?
;-)
I'm not sure about this but hylafax appends the
tagline in the postscript file before transform it in
a TIFF file to transmit.

If you want display information in the fax that you
receive, you must add some line in the faxrcvd script.
Otherwise you only get what the sender
wants/configured.

> BUT ANYWAY: TagLineFormat and -Font has been set
> correctly all the
> time.
> So they are unlikely the reason for my problem.
>
> > LocalIdentifier I use it for our company name but
> you
> > can use it for your fax number.
>
> I tried to set it to text, to a number. No success.

Well, I hope someone in the list can help you. I have
no idea what could cause your problem.