Re: [hylafax-users] Howto dispatch based on the inbound Fax number ?

> I have 4.1.5 installed under Debian -

I have 4.1.5. under RH 7.3

 I have updated the Debian
> package from 4.1.2 to 4.1.5 and it appears to be working for me
> I am receiving fine so far.

so do I

> All my incoming calls come in via ISDN PRI.

I use 5 ISDN BRI with a multi BRI interface

> My PBX basically converts these to POTS and forwards them to an
> analog ELSA Group 2 Serial Fax modem.

If so probably you'll get the faxes from different interface (tty*1, tty*2,
etc)

> I have a number of fax phone numbers, but they all eventually
> arrive at the same Serial Modem on the same POTS port on the PBX.

Can't you configure the PBX to use a number per line?
Hasn't your PBX some ISDN lines on exit (for exit I mean from PBX to you,
not from PBX from your tel.co.)?

> Is there any part of the fax protocol that includes the
> destination Phone Number ?

It depends from your modem.
In general if u use a ISDN you can get the called and the calling number,
but not every (ISDN) interface do it.
In any case, u have to see the AT command of you ISDN interface. (in your
specific case I think u cannot do it)
In my case I use AT#CID=7

U also have to parse the log file (/var/spool/hylafax/log/ or
/var/spool/fax/log)
Control what u get and what the system give to faxrcvd

> Does Hylafax capture it and set anything that I can use to make
> routing decisions in FaxDispatch ?

Yes!
At first read the manual of your interface.
At second read the manual of your PBX.
At third read the faxrcvd man or how to.

After:
if you can set your PBX u have only to create a FaxDispatch like this:
case "$DEVICE"
        tty01)        SENDTO=user1;;
        tty02)        SENDTO=user2;;
esac
(this would like to be only an idea, probably it isn't correct: control
exactly:
hylafax mans
how to create shell script)

if you get the number like me u have to create a more complicated script as
FaxDispatch.

In any case, to try FaxDispatch use:
sh -x
with what u can see in log file.