Re: [hylafax-users] Howto dispatch based on the inbound Fax number?

> > My PBX basically converts these to POTS and forwards them to an
> > analog ELSA Group 2 Serial Fax modem.
>
> If so probably you'll get the faxes from different interface (tty*1, tty*2,
> etc)
	No, the PBX has an ISDN PRI with 23 channels. That manages all inbound
and outbound calls for over 60 phone numbers.
> Can't you configure the PBX to use a number per line?
> Hasn't your PBX some ISDN lines on exit (for exit I mean from PBX to you,
> not from PBX from your tel.co.)?

There is no 1-1 correspondence between channels and phone numbers, and
forcing one would defeat the benefits of the PRI and PBX.
	Incoming calls to any of our Fax numbers are routed by the PBX to one
of 4 analog POTS ports. The choice of ports is based on which one are in
use NOT the number dialed. While the PBX knows both the source and
destination number when it handles a call, I have no idea if it provides
Caller ID tones on the POTS ports - but even if it did Caller ID does
not include the destination number, so what the phone system knows is
lost when the call is transfered to a POTS line.

> It depends from your modem.
> In general if u use a ISDN you can get the called and the calling number,
> but not every (ISDN) interface do it.

I have no idea if ISDN PRI ports are an option for my PBX. If they were
that would like preserve the source and destination information. BUT:
	I would still have to get it to hylafax
	I am not in a position to switch to ISDN fax modems and PBX ports right
now.

> In any case, u have to see the AT command of you ISDN interface. (in your
> specific case I think u cannot do it)
> In my case I use AT#CID=7
>
> U also have to parse the log file (/var/spool/hylafax/log/ or
> /var/spool/fax/log)
> Control what u get and what the system give to faxrcvd

	I have noticed that the logs seem to be able to identify the inbound
phone number.
	That means that it MUST be part of the data portion of the fax
exchange.
	And that means that it should be possible to have HylaFax set a
variable to the destination number. So that FaxDispath could work as
follows:

case "$DESTNUMBER"
        7175551212)        SENDTO=user1;;
        6105551212)        SENDTO=user2;;
esac

I am already atleast loosely familiar with FaxDispatch, and I am
building up a fairly complete set of rules, but I have the ability to
differentiate the routing of a fax based on the destination phone number
and it would be by far the easiest way for me to do that, if I can
persuade Hylafax to do so.

Thank you