Re: [hylafax-users] error loading share library !!!

If you are using an environment that supports DSOs and HylaFAX supports DSOs in your enviornment (i.e. Linux), then you must ensure that your /etc/ld.so.conf (or equivalent) file contains a reference to /usr/local/lib or wherever libfaxserver.so and libfaxutil.so were installed. (Remember that if you alter /etc/ld.so.conf you must run ldconfig afterwards.)

To find where the required shared libraries might be on your system, you can
try some of these:

	locate libfaxserver.so
	find / -name libfaxserver\*

If they are not on your system, then we must find out why...

* Jorge Escalante <ecommcan@netscape.net> [020613 10:39]:

> >On 2002.06.12 20:17 Jorge Escalante wrote:
> >> After installing Hylafax, I am unable to send or receive any faxes. I
> >> have, though, notice that after booting up my Linux Debian box, just
> >> before the loging prompt (in text mode), there is an error message
> >> saying:
> >>
> >> Hylafax: /usr/local/sbin/faxq: error loading share library:
> >> libfaxserver.so
> >>
> >> There is another erro that more or less says that 'libfaxutil.so' was not
> >> found.
> >>
> >> Can anybody please tell me how to fix this this?

aidan@highrise.ca                                       command like a king,

PGP signature