Re: [hylafax-users] error loading share library !!!

Perhaps you did not understand the meaning of the message, what I'd like to know is if you, or anyone in the list for that matter, could help me solve the problem at hand. It is also obvious that you think I did not read any of the information availible. I did.
I have also read from other users, that some of them have finally giving up Hylafax completely because they just could not get it to run in their machines. Based on my experience as a TechSupport agent I can honestly say that most of the time is not the program that is the problem, it is the installer that has done a bad job installing the app. In MS-Windows we can always blame the installer, since it is also a program, but in Unix it is a human/software effort, thus becoming more complicated.
The documentation about installing Hylafax on linux is a bit blurry, and not really ment for the everday user. This puts a lot of preassure on the TechSupport personnel, but replying to a question without even reading it is a bit rushed, wouldn't you say?

The information you have provided me with is not only incoheren, but also unwanted.

Please do read the message again and see if you can come up with a better solution.

Thanks in advance.

Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com> wrote:

>On 2002.06.12 20:17 Jorge Escalante wrote:
>> After installing Hylafax, I am unable to send or receive any faxes. I
>> have, though, notice that after booting up my Linux Debian box, just
>> before the loging prompt (in text mode), there is an error message
>> saying:
>>
>> Hylafax: /usr/local/sbin/faxq: error loading share library:
>> libfaxserver.so
>>
>> There is another erro that more or less says that 'libfaxutil.so' was not
>> found.
>>
>> Can anybody please tell me how to fix this this?
>
>http://www.hylafax.org/howto/install.html#ss2.2
>
>Pay particular attention to 2.2.3
>
>Lee.

if(request == games) getNintendo64();

if((request == programming) && (user == smart)) getLinux();
else getMicrosoft();