Re: [hylafax-users] Multiple LT linmodems now supported...

On Saturday 25 August 2001 16:50, Lee Howard wrote:
> At 04:27 PM 8/25/01 -0500, Chris L. wrote:
> >Anybody with a few of these lying around like me might be interested in
> > the patch at the following location.
> >
> >http://linmodems.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:5309:200108:peknjleknifdofdmk
> >njh
> >
> >It allows the use of 2 (or more possibly?) linmodems (Lucent LT linmodems)
> >simultaneously.
>
> Inefficient indeed.  It is quite a hack.  Obviously it works, though...  It
> appears that one could follow the same procedure to get an indefinite
> quantity of LT Linmodems running on one system.
> >I have not yet tried it so YMMV :)
> >
> >How do these things work as a fax device? Is CLass 2/2.0 supported?
>
> Linmodems seem to work well with faxing.  I've never used one for a
> production system yet.  You have to remember that by using a linmodem
> driver you alter the behavior of the Linux serial driver, and consequently
> normal hardware modems will not function properly in the presence of the
> driver.
Right but It just might solve my "problem". I have a couple of theese things.
I use my LT for pppd and my USR external for Hylafax (receive only) now. It
works for receiving only which is what I was mainly interested in. I would
like to send but those get all screwed up. I can now install my 2nd LT and
eliminate my USR and hopefully that will solve the situation. I was going to
set up another server but if this works It'll save some space.

I'll give a report of my success or failure. Seems like many folks have these
things lying around and maybe they'll actually turnout to be useful.