Re: [hylafax-users] Multiple LT linmodems now supported...

At 04:27 PM 8/25/01 -0500, Chris L. wrote:
>Anybody with a few of these lying around like me might be interested in the
>patch at the following location.
>
>http://linmodems.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?1:mss:5309:200108:peknjleknifdofdmknjh
>
>It allows the use of 2 (or more possibly?) linmodems (Lucent LT linmodems)
>simultaneously.

Inefficient indeed.  It is quite a hack.  Obviously it works, though...  It
appears that one could follow the same procedure to get an indefinite
quantity of LT Linmodems running on one system.

>I have not yet tried it so YMMV :)
>
>How do these things work as a fax device? Is CLass 2/2.0 supported?

Linmodems seem to work well with faxing.  I've never used one for a
production system yet.  You have to remember that by using a linmodem
driver you alter the behavior of the Linux serial driver, and consequently
normal hardware modems will not function properly in the presence of the
driver.

As far as I've seen, no Linmodem supported Class 2/2.0, and that's not
surprising, since it is a software-driven modem.  Truthfully, that's not a
big loss at all.

Lee.