[hylafax-users] sambafax and multiple page documents

Hi

I've been fiddling with sambafax for a while now and I've stumbled across a
slightly odd problem, it only seems to be given the first page of multiple
page documents.

I have the 'printer' set up in Samba as follows:

[faxserver]
        comment = Fax Server spooler
        path = /var/spool/lpd/samba
        guest ok = Yes
        printable = Yes
        postscript = Yes
        print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -r %s
        lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
        lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
        lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
        lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release %p %j
        queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc  -P%p stop
        queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc -P%p start
        printer = faxlp
        printer driver = Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS

(printing is set to lprng in the [global] section)

then the faxlp printer is defined in /etc/printcap as:

faxlp:\
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/faxlp:\
        :if=/var/spool/fax/bin/sambafax:\
        :sh:\
        :ff_separator:\
        :bkf:\
        :mx#0:

I have made a lot of changes to the sambafax script, but to make sure it
wasn't any of them I have it not removing the postscript and ascii files
when it's done. Viewing one of the postscript files in GhostView shows only
the first page and the ascii file contains only the text of the first page.

Obviously this isn't a HylaFAX problem, but I figured that this would be the
best place to ask since I'm guessing a fair few people here are using
sambafax. Is this problem something anyone else has noticed?

[few minute pause while I test something]

Hmm, I just got Word to print a two page document to a file, but using the
Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS driver and it's only written the first page
(using the stock MS driver that's in Windows 2000). ARGH!

--
Chris Jones
IT Department