Re: [hylafax-users] faxing from win9x/acrobat -> whfc -> hylafax

Giulio Orsero schrieb:

> On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:27:04 +0200, you wrote:
>
> >I had similar problems with PDF-files. I solved it by using a LexMark
> >printer driver with the option "disable postscript passthrough" set. I
> >guess PDF-files uses some constructs which ghostscript doesn´t support
> Was that driver one of those that come with win9x or an enhanced driver you got
> from Lexmark web site (or CD that comes with a printer)?
>
> It seems any PS driver I can choose from the ones available in the stock win9x
> rely on the same Windows postscript dll, so that PS options are the same in
> printer drivers properties for every driver and it seems it does PDF passthrough
> causing the problem.
>
> Following your email I tried using the "enhanced" driver of a xerox tectronix:
> there was no ghoscsript error but the fax communication was aborted after
> connect with 0 pages sent.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> giulioo@pobox.com

It was a special driver from LexMark (LexMark Optra S PS2 Ver. 2.01.10)
which we had for the LexMark printer in our office. Without this special
setting even some printer refuses to print PDF-files.

Bye

--
Andreas Hödle (Systemadministration)

Kühn & Weyh Software GmbH