Re: [hylafax-users] faxing from win9x/acrobat -> whfc -> hylafax

Giulio Orsero schrieb:

> linux rh6x, hylafax-4.1 + some cvs
> win9x, acrobat reader 5.0.1, whfc, apple laserwriter 16/600 (maximum
> portability)
>
> I open a pdf file on win9x, print some pages to whfc to hylafax
>
> if ghostscript is an old 5.10 I get in faxstat output:
> This PostScript file was created from an encrypted PDF file.\
> Redistilling encrypted PDF is not permitted.\
> Error: /undefined in --get--\
> Operand stack:\
>
> [ PDF is not encripted, is a normal printer manual ]
>
> if ghostscript is 6.51
> Error: /undefined i
> n eartomark\
> Operand stack:\
>    --nostringval--\
> Execution stack:\
>    %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   -
>
> If I print to file, I can open the file with ghostview+ghostscript7 for windows.
>
> Is someone able to fax from acrobat reader 5.x through ghostscript < 7 (GPL) and
> HylaFAX?
>
> --
> giulioo@pobox.com

I had similar problems with PDF-files. I solved it by using a LexMark
printer driver with the option "disable postscript passthrough" set. I
guess PDF-files uses some constructs which ghostscript doesn´t support
and most printer driver simply change some headers and leave unchanged
what they expect to be already postscript.

Hope this helps

--
Andreas Hödle (Systemadministration)

Kühn & Weyh Software GmbH