Re: [hylafax-users] faxing from win9x/acrobat -> whfc -> hylafax

On Fri, 03 Aug 2001 11:27:04 +0200, you wrote:

>I had similar problems with PDF-files. I solved it by using a LexMark
>printer driver with the option "disable postscript passthrough" set. I
>guess PDF-files uses some constructs which ghostscript doesn´t support
Was that driver one of those that come with win9x or an enhanced driver you got
from Lexmark web site (or CD that comes with a printer)?

It seems any PS driver I can choose from the ones available in the stock win9x
rely on the same Windows postscript dll, so that PS options are the same in
printer drivers properties for every driver and it seems it does PDF passthrough
causing the problem.

Following your email I tried using the "enhanced" driver of a xerox tectronix:
there was no ghoscsript error but the fax communication was aborted after
connect with 0 pages sent.

Thanks

--
giulioo@pobox.com