Re: [hylafax-users] faxes are cut off

hi bruce,

  Guilio suggestion did work.  i know you had recommended that before,
but unfortunately, i placed it in the wrong file.   i'm still not sure
about the problem you mentioned regarding hylafax not knowing where the
last page terminated.  i guess i'll keep my eyes out for that one.
Thanks.

bwhittak@energy.com.au wrote:

> Hi Darcy,
>
> you said,
> The page comes through as two pages.  The first page is fine, but the
> second one is cut off on the first line (not the header).  That's the
> same spot it was cutting off when i was using a coverpage.  Someone
> recommended playing with the PageChop and ChopThreshold variables, but i
> can't say i understand what i am to change them to.   i've included my
> session tracing just in case there is something important in there.  i
> appreciate any suggestions.
>
> Well, that was me.
>
> My caveat here is that I'm not an expert and thus can't comment on your fax log
> that you provided and also that everyone else probably knows more about this
> than me... but I'll give it a shot ;-).
>
> If you set the PageChop as described by Guilio, it should turn off the page
> chopping. This means that hylafax won't attempt to find the end of the page and
> terminate it for you. But it will verify that your text to postscript conversion
> code is working properly. In my case this was only a step in the troubleshooting
> - not a solution because hylafax would repeatedly attempt to send the last page
> because it wasn't terminated properly.
>
> Remember - in my case, I had this problem because I had a binary download that
> was compiled for a slightly different OS version -  I had to download source
> code and recompile from scratch on my machine. Are you sure this isn't your
> situation?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bruce Whittaker.

~darcy w. christ