Re: [hylafax-users] BrookTrout TruFAX

On Wed, Jul 04, 2001 at 11:41:59AM +0100, rob.leadbeater@lynx.co.uk wrote:
> Does anyone know whether the RocketPort Serial Hub Si works with Hylafax ?
> This is an ethernet device which presents "virtual" serial port to the host OS.

We'd love to know, if you have one laying around.  The question is
whether the device drivers emulate a physical serial link well enough...
and, I gather, whether they get stuffed by the amount of work going on in
a fax transmission.

Oh, and whether there are drivers for the OS you want to run, though
Comtrol has been pretty good about *that*.

*That* might be a circumstance where Class 2 would be a win, since device
timing and network latency would otherwaise be fighting with one
another.
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink

   OS X: Because making Unix user-friendly was easier than debugging Windows