Re: [hylafax-users] BrookTrout TruFAX

Hi

> We're running a RocketPort 8 port PCI card, with external (Hayes)
> modems, with no problems so far, although it hasn't had much load yet...
> Cost in the UK is about UKP 280 (plus modems of course).

Unless you are short on PCI slots, the Lava Quattro (4 port) card would seem
to be considerably better value. I got a couple of them very recently, based
on a recommendation on this list, for just under UKP 50 each. The server is
only running one card at the moment and it's working extremely well, the
load is tiny  though, at just short of 200 incoming faxes per day the system
load very rarely rises significantly above zero ;)

Or does the RocketPort do stuff the Lava doesn't?

--
Chris Jones
IT Department