Re: [hylafax-users] faxes are cut off

This e-mail is solely for the use of the intended recipient and may contain
information which is confidential or privileged.  Unauthorised use of its
contents is prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender immediately via return e-mail and then delete the original
e-mail.

Hi Darcy,

you said,
The page comes through as two pages.  The first page is fine, but the
second one is cut off on the first line (not the header).  That's the
same spot it was cutting off when i was using a coverpage.  Someone
recommended playing with the PageChop and ChopThreshold variables, but i
can't say i understand what i am to change them to.   i've included my
session tracing just in case there is something important in there.  i
appreciate any suggestions.

Well, that was me.

My caveat here is that I'm not an expert and thus can't comment on your fax log
that you provided and also that everyone else probably knows more about this
than me... but I'll give it a shot ;-).

If you set the PageChop as described by Guilio, it should turn off the page
chopping. This means that hylafax won't attempt to find the end of the page and
terminate it for you. But it will verify that your text to postscript conversion
code is working properly. In my case this was only a step in the troubleshooting
- not a solution because hylafax would repeatedly attempt to send the last page
because it wasn't terminated properly.

Remember - in my case, I had this problem because I had a binary download that
was compiled for a slightly different OS version -  I had to download source
code and recompile from scratch on my machine. Are you sure this isn't your
situation?

Cheers,

Bruce Whittaker.