Re: [hylafax-users] Very Very Desperate Newbie

Jay, Lee, Guilio,

Thanks.  I have it working.

Lee Howard wrote:

> >What fixes DTE to DCE data underflows?
>
> If you get this problem consistently then something's seriously not right
> with your config file.

This made me look further.  The modem was running off a pci
i/o card.  The only "standard" serial port in the server was
conencted to a modem for dialup ppp.  Took down the ppp
link, put fax modem on that port, ran faxaddmodem on new
port, guess what, perfect.  Tried a couple of different
modems even and all worked with the standard config
faxaddmodem choose.

I am replacing the card in question with another that I know
works under Linux.  Now I can move on to installing and
learning about the various clients.

Any preferences?  Any traps for young starters?

Thanks again

Ken