Re: [hylafax-users] Very Very Desperate Newbie

On Tue, Mar 06, 2001 at 09:34:17PM +1000, Ken Cole wrote:
> I asked this question two days ago and got one answer ensuring I had
> used the correct version for Redhat 6.2, which I have.
>
> I have gone back over the doco, troubleshooting, etc and cannot find
> an answer to my problems. I really want to use HylaFAX but cannot if I
> cannot get it working. It seems 90% there.

[RTN problem snipped]

Nope, I saw someone answer you.  Lee?  Giulio.  Don't remember which.
There's a known problem with some fax machines called the "retrain
negative" problem.

As long as the pages are actually known to be *getting there*, man
config, and look for RTNHandlingMethod (I think it's called).  Set it
to ignore the problem.

Let us know how it works out.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink