Re: [hylafax-users] Very Very Desperate Newbie

At 02:31 AM 3/7/01 -0500, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 05:08:45PM +1000, Ken Cole wrote:
>> > As long as the pages are actually known to be *getting there*, man
>> > config, and look for RTNHandlingMethod (I think it's called).  Set it
>> > to ignore the problem.
>>
>> Please confirm that this goes in etc/config and should read
>> RTNHandlingMethod:    Ignore
>> That is what man config seems to suggest.
>
>That sounds right; no doubt Lee, Giulio, or Dmitry (who I *think* wrote
>that patch) will chime in (in roughly descending order of response
>time :-)

Oh, gotta be first ;-)

Yes, that's right syntax, and yes, Dmitry wrote the fix.  Somehow I recall
that the pre-fix default is exactly the inverse of the current default, so
people with config files from pre-beta3 days will experience a different
behavior in RTN handling.  I believe that the only modems of any
consequence, though will be USR and other Class 2.0-capable modems.  (Since
he adjusted the RTNHandling method in their default prototype configs.)

Lee.