Re: [hylafax-users] Fwd: facsimile job 19 to 222636 failed

On Saturday, Oct 28, 2000, at 12:10:53 PM, Giulio Orsero wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:05:04 +0300, Odhambo Washington wrote:

>>I am testing my HylaFAX setup. When I put in a faxcover.ps other
>>than the default I get the error below: But with the default
>>faxcover.ps I have no problem. On another Hylafax setup I don't get
>>any error with this faxcover. Could this be a known issue which
>>someone already encountered??

> I think that on "other setup" maybe you have other ghostscript
> version. Try doing by hand what HylaFAX would do: faxcover
> <parameters> > myfile.out and see the errors. then try the same on
> other systems to see if the problem is really gs.

No, I'm pretty sure this is something I've seen before.

Odihambo (and everyone else messing with faxcover stuff), take note:
there are two versions of the faxcover(1f) program floating around,
and two corresponding version of faxcover.ps.

If you mismatch them, the resulting postscript will crash.

The different is most notable in the last couple of lines, where
BreakIntoLines is called.  If you're done an upgrade, especially,
you'll need to re-customize your coverpage or it will break.  Taking
other people's faxcover.ps's without checking this can cause problems,
too.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff