Re: [hylafax-users] Fwd: facsimile job 19 to 222636 failed

* Jay R. Ashworth <jra@baylink.com> [20001029 06:48]:
=>On Saturday, Oct 28, 2000, at 12:10:53 PM, Giulio Orsero wrote:
=>> On Sat, 28 Oct 2000 17:05:04 +0300, Odhambo Washington wrote:
=>
=>>>I am testing my HylaFAX setup. When I put in a faxcover.ps other
=>>>than the default I get the error below: But with the default
=>>>faxcover.ps I have no problem. On another Hylafax setup I don't get
=>>>any error with this faxcover. Could this be a known issue which
=>>>someone already encountered??
=>
=>> I think that on "other setup" maybe you have other ghostscript
=>> version. Try doing by hand what HylaFAX would do: faxcover
=>> <parameters> > myfile.out and see the errors. then try the same on
=>> other systems to see if the problem is really gs.
=>
=>No, I'm pretty sure this is something I've seen before.
=>
=>Odihambo (and everyone else messing with faxcover stuff), take note:
=>there are two versions of the faxcover(1f) program floating around,
=>and two corresponding version of faxcover.ps.
=>
=>If you mismatch them, the resulting postscript will crash.
=>
=>The different is most notable in the last couple of lines, where
=>BreakIntoLines is called.  If you're done an upgrade, especially,
=>you'll need to re-customize your coverpage or it will break.  Taking
=>other people's faxcover.ps's without checking this can cause problems,
=>too.

I am running HylaFAX 4.1beta2 on FreeBSD 3.5-STABLE and I have ghostscript
6.0 installed. This coverpage i made has my company logo and I use it with
HylaFAX 4.1beta2 on FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE.....and it is fine....

How do I differentiate (or even know which version of faxcover) is running
on the 2 boxes????

Thanks so much.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza