Re: [hylafax-users] Serial host adapters for linux (Suse 7.0) and hylafax.

I know it's not *exactly* what you're asking but, if anyone's interested,
I've managed to get Chase 4 port PCI RAS modems working with Hylafax. I was
going to post more details once we've done some bulk testing with lots of
different fax machines but they seem pretty sweet after some initial tarting
about with drivers. 8 port cards are available as well. At the moment we're
using 2 4 port cards per machine, this way if one card fails due to hardware
problems we don't lose all 8 available ports.

FWIW the drivers supplied by Chase (recently taken over by Perle) initally
wouldn't work properly with RedHat 6.1 running the default 2.2.12-20 kernel
or with RH 6.2 running 2.2.16-3 kernel, only the first port on the cards
would be visible. After some hassling of technical support people I finally
managed to get through to someone who sent me drivers that "fixed the
problem" from ftp://ftp.moreton.com.au/linux/

I don't know if this is a problem with the kernel version I was using,
something to do with the Redhat distro or something else completely but
they're working and they look very reliable so far using Class 2 with
xonxoff. I'll post full details once we've tested them more thoroughly.

HTH.

Will.