Re: [hylafax-users] setting hylafax to fax fax sent confirmation

On Tuesday, Oct 10, 2000, at 9:29:02 AM, Carlos wrote:
> I'd like to set Hylafax to fax a "fax sent" confirmation whenever a fax
> is succesfully sent.  To do this I tried to modify the notify
> (/var/spool/fax/bin/notify) script replacing the last line by a line
> invoquing sendfax as follows:

) | 2>>&1 sendfax -n -N -dxxxxxxx

> The problem that I am experiencing is that sendfax hangs (it looks like
> is waiting for additional input) and I have to kill the sendfax process
> (kill -9 xxxx) to get the confirmation faxed.

> How can I get sendfax to clear without having to kill the process??

Hmmm... that looks OK to me... though I don't recognize those
switches off hand.

Be careful, though; you are asking; nay, begging, to end up in
Sorcerer's Apprentice mode.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff