[hylafax-users] Hylafax on SCO 5.0.2

Hi all,
Hope someone here can offer advice for configuring
Hylafax on SCO 5.0.2
customquery listpatches | head -1
SCO:Unix::5.0.2Dp  OSS449F.Unix504.0.1.a  oss601a.Unix502

The installation from:
ftp.sgi.com/sgi/fax/binary/hylafax-sco3.2v5.0-v4.0pl2.cpio.gz
went smoothly.

I was able to test by
sendfax -d -n 555-5555 filename

My next attempt at sendfax flickers the SD and TD lights on the modem (MT2834ZDX) but it never goes off hook and dials.  If I try sendfax again, it queues the job, but there is no activity on the modem LEDS.

faxstat -s will show each job, 1 and 2.  Job 2 will have a status of "blocked by concurrent job".

faxrm 2    will get rid of job 2.
faxrm 1    won't get rid of job 1.  faxrm hangs, but I can <DEL> out. my next "faxrm 1" complains:
Failed to kill job 1:  Unspecified reason (scheduler NAK'd request)

If I run faxsetup again, it asks if it can terminate a faxq process, eg 21472.  If I answer YES, it times out and asks if it should wait. I can manually kill 21472 from another session, and faxsetup will then work.  But subsequent attempts to sendfax fail as above.

Any thougths or suggestions?
Best to all,
Dan Martin