Re: [hylafax-users] Sending Faxes to HP OfficeJet 700 All in one - Problem

I had a lot of problems with the same modem. I read in the news to change to
class1 and xon/xoff handshake.
So the problems have gone now.
All I changed was:

NEW:
< ModemType:            Class1          # use this to supply a hint
< ModemRate:            19200           # max rate for DCE-DTE communication
< ModemFlowControl:     xonxoff         # XON/XOFF flow control assumed
---
OLD:
> ModemType:            Class2.0        # use this to supply a hint
> ModemRate:            38400           # max rate for DCE-DTE communication
> ModemFlowControl:     rtscts          # XON/XOFF flow control assumed

NEW:
< ModemAnswerCmd:               ATS40=255A              # use this to answer pho

Steven Thompson schrieb:

> Hi All
>
> I have set-up hylafax-4.1beta2-135 on SuSE 6.4 with a U.S. ROBOTICS 56K FAX
> Modem. When I send faxes from MS Word 2000 to the WHFC 1.0.8 release Fax
> Printer (Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS) on Win 2000 to a "HP OfficeJet 700 All
> in one" fax printer, the first 5 lines are fine, but then rest is garbage.
> Hylafax reports the fax sent as successful. I can receive faxes from the "HP
> OfficeJet 700 All in one" Printer with no problems. I can send the same Word
> Doc to my test "Relay Fax Server" with no problems. If I change the printer
> driver to the HP Laser 4/4M PS fax receive fails on the Relay fax server.
>
> Does anyone know where the problem could be.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Steven
>
> PS. WHFC 1.0.8 works well & it is very fast
> Hylafax works well

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Dr. Walter Willmertinger

CONSYS Gesellschaft für Softwaretechnologie und Systementwicklung mbH
Dr. Walter Willmertinger
Landsberger Strasse 402   EMail: willmertinger@consys.de
81241 Muenchen            Phone: +49 89 589 789 0
Germany                     Fax: +49 89 589 789 99
WWW-Homepage: http://www.consys.de