[hylafax-users] Modem Config files

Hey,

From Damian Ivereigh i got an (in my opinion)
interesting suggestion to get more working
config files for modems.

He suggested a script, which should do the following
on a local system :

1. search for the config.xxx file
2. look if this is a sending or/and recieving faxsystem
3. look if this is "really" a successful config file (are
there
many errors in faxoperation ?)
4. get the "real" modemidentification und firmware (syslog,
faxgetty)
5. ask for comments, email-adress
6. put this all into an e-mail and send it to
configfiles@hyla.xtremeweb.de

Then a script (my part) should split this mail and put it
nicely
into the database at http://hyla.xtremeweb.de for
the whole hylafax community.

Damian and i myself are not the great script-programmers (I
will try the
best on the serverside at hyla.xtremeweb.de), but maybe
there are other
users, who want to give something back to the project
hylafax ?!?

What do you all think about this idea ?

Only our 2x 10 cents

Damian and Torsten