[hylafax-users] Hylafax on FreeBSD

* Lee Howard <hylafax@deanox.com> [20000911 18:38]:
Lee Howard>>Why isn't there a HOWTO for FreeBSD??? I have tried to get Hylafax running
Lee Howard>>on FreeBSD 4.1-S to no avail.
Lee Howard>>I'd really appreciate a HOWTO on this.
Lee Howard>
Lee Howard>Well, nobody has stepped forward with any information for me to include
Lee Howard>about using HylaFAX on FreeBSD.  When someone does, then I can include it.
Lee Howard>It is something that I had planned on investigating myself... sometime.  If
Lee Howard>you're having trouble you'd be best to post a message to the hylafax-users
Lee Howard>mailing list.

I've done that, posting to hylafax-users but very few people seem to be
running it on FBSD. One might be inclined to think that Hylafax was meant
for Linux and Solaris.
I believe there is Hylafx installed in my FBSD 4.1-Stable. I have
hylafax.sh in my /etc/rc.d and I even ran faxsetup but on boot I do not
see hylafax being started with the other services. I posted this to the
list but it is like noone ever got to see it! Now I'm almost giving up
setting up a cell for Kenya. I had to test this on my personal workstation
before fully implementing it on FBSD 3.4 which is a dedicated Server at my
site.
I would appreciate so much if someone can point me in the right
direction. I do not mind being hand-held, because I've managed to install
services like Apache, Squid, Exim, Radius without help and they are
running. Only I cannot find a clear-cut HOWTO for this Hylafax.

Thank you.

Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington  Inter-Connect Ltd.,
wash@iconnect.co.ke  5th Flr Furaha Plaza

The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for
ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves. -Victor Hugo