Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] !!! USR/3COM modems and the latest CVS !!!

>But IMHO it's better not to use their Class 2.0 at all -- there are other
>known firmware problems, at least for Sportsters. Why not to try Class1?

Dmitry, by firmware problems are you referring to the Copy Quality Checking
erronous "(0),(2)" report that most Sportsters make, or are there *other*
firmware bugs in Sportsters' Class 2.0?

The reason that I ask is that I don't have any trouble with two 56K
Sportster modems that I'm running in Class 2.0 - in fact, they perform
better in most cases than my Rockwell Class 2 modems.  So is HylaFAX
somehow "working around" these bugs, or is the Class2CQQuery the firmware
bug of which you're thinking?

Thanks.

Lee.