Re: [hylafax-users] Cannot Reach Server At Host Localhost, Port 4559

This means that hfaxd isn't running.  You probably didn't run faxsetup
after installing/compiling HylaFAX binaries, and if you did, then you
probably have a BSD init style OS and didn't tell faxsetup to start the
HylaFAX daemons in inetd.conf.  If the latter is the case, then start hfaxd
and faxq in rc.local.  If the former is the case, then run faxsetup.

It would help if you said the OS type and HylaFAX version, too.

Lee.