Re: [hylafax-users] [hylafax-devel] !!! USR/3COM modems and the latest CVS !!!

Giulio Orsero <giulioo@tiscalinet.it> writes:

> >I've just committed "endless RTN bug" related fixes. Unfortunately after
> >other modems, especially Zyxel). If you are still going to use these buggy
> >USRs for faxing :-), you *must* add the following line to your config:
> >Class2SendRTC:  yes
>
> You say:
> "latest cvs hylafax (and future versions) and usr class2 -> add
> Class2SendRTC"
>
> Does this mean that Class2SendRTC causes trouble if used/added with old
> hylafax and usr class2?

There is no USR modem with Class 2 support (at least I know no such
model). As for Class 2.0, all Hylafax version except the latest CVS just
ignore Class2SendRTC in Class 2.0. So you can add 'Class2SendRTC:  yes'
right now -- it's safe.

But IMHO it's better not to use their Class 2.0 at all -- there are other
known firmware problems, at least for Sportsters. Why not to try Class1?

> Or we can add Class2SendRTC to config files of our usr-class2 now, to be
> sure not to forget to add it later (when we'll upgrade to new hylafax
> versions)?

BTW, I have also updated config/usr-2.0 template, so new installations
should work out of the box.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry