Re: [hylafax-users] factors in bad scan lines

Lee Howard <faxguy@deanox.com> writes:

> >Y'know, Lee; that log looks an awful-helluva lot like flow control.
> >Especially all those incoming TSI's.
>
> Yes, it does.  It happens whether I use xonxoff or rtscts.  I haven't tried
> none.

How did you switched them on? Proper flow control should be set via special
fax mode commands (AT+FLO for Class2.0; not specified for Class1 or Class2,
so such modems use their own non-standard methods). ModemFlowControl:
<something> in your config is usually *not* enough.

> >The USR has some instrumentation for Line levels, though I forget
> >where, and I think the Supra may have an S-register for that sort of
> >thing, too; I had one to play with, but that's been 8 years back.
>
> I've got the AT and AT+F command set summary.  I've attached the S Register
> command set below.  I really don't know what I'm looking for...  so if
> you're really *that* bored, I've attached them below.  ;)

S-regs for TX-level adjusting (S39 for USR) do not work for all countries
and usually are undocumented.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Dmitry